Sunday, May 24, 2009

soak up the sun.

We've finally had some warm enough weather to get outside and enjoy life again. Ah, summer. I'm the sort of creature that needs Vitamin D survive...not even survive, just to be happy. Apparently I'm the furthest thing from a vampire you can find (I also LOVE garlic). It has been wonderful to get outside and soak up as much sun as possible; reading, gardening, drawing pictures on the sidewalk, it doesn't even matter what I'm doing. I love it all! Cheers to warm weather and long summer days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The sun on ones skin is glorius! Unforuately I was inside Polo Park working all day--however brigher days ahead! I can hardly wait for the kids to come to my house and have a water pistol fight--what fun!!!--Nana

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! There's nothing better than feeling the warmth of the sun, and the heat of an upcoming summer to boost your spirits after a long, cold winter.

Roo said...

this is a great photo!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should tajke them to a water park, like West Edmonton Mall, just to see their reaction. I think they'd have fun in the kids area.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually