Friday, April 11, 2008

cue the sigh.

There are certain times throughout the day and week that I take a look around me and sigh. It's a good sigh. It's a good sigh accompanied by a smile and a heart that feels as though it's about to burst. It's an overwhelming feeling and I'm sure if you looked at me during this moment I would look 100% content.

Amelia is a cuddle-bug. She's in love with her soother, blankie, and mommy. There are times where she just wants to sit all snuggled up with those three things. She'll grab mommy with one hand and her blankie with the other and not let go. Cue the sigh.

Rhys says the funniest and cutest things in the world. Yesterday morning he told James to go and fight the robots while James was walking out the door. A few days ago he told Amelia that she was so precious and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Cue the sigh.

One of my favorite things to do with James is to sit on our couch in our own home (just the two of us) with a cup of coffee. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we read, sometimes we rant, and sometimes we're totally quiet. I'll look at him and I cant picture anyone better for me. Cue the sigh.

My children and husband are wonderful all on their own because all three are amazing people and are perfect for my life. However, I find that I get most of my sighs when all four of us are all together. We all compliment each other so well. Granted there are tons of frustrating times and times where I need to be by myself but I love when we are a family spending time together. There's something about James and I sitting down with the kids on our laps and just being a family. Awe. Cue the sigh.

No comments:

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually