Sunday, May 11, 2008

happy mothers day to me.



I find that being a mom is very trying at times. There are mornings that I wake up and just want to take care of myself. There are days that are long and difficult. There are nights where I wish I could just go out with James on a whim. A mom's job is never ending; the house needs cleaning, the laundry needs washing, the kids need changing...all the time. While I find myself exhausted at the end of the day, even if it's been particularly hard day, I have to fess-up...it's all worth it! There is nothing else like having little arms around your neck. There is nothing else like having little lips kissing your cheek. There is nothing else like having a little voice wake you up in the morning saying, "Happy Birthday Mom!" when, in fact, it is Mothers Day. So Happy Mothers Day to Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S AWESOME.i can just hear rhys saying happy birthday on mother's day. awesome. lol.
but just you wait til those little arms and little lips are TEENAGE arms and lips. lol. just kidding. happy mother's day, bri. i wish you were my mom.
ok, is that a little weird? too bad! you're the one who changed the blog settings to let me comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
muwahaha. power......

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually