Friday, December 12, 2008

just a note.

I feel as though I need to apologize for the lack of posting and overall quietness that my blog has been experiencing these past few days; James and I are trying very hard to do a 'Handmade Christmas' this year. I've been a very busy bee...actually, Prunella has been the busy bee (I think that I've even been dreaming about sewing). At least I'm getting something done. It feels good to see my 'Handmade Christmas' vision come to fruition. I've heard that a lot of other families are trying to steer their Christmas festivities in the same direction, something which pleases me greatly. I love Christmas, but I hate the consumerism that has seeped into so many peoples homes (although I do feel that is an all-year-round problem, not just a December issue). I hate the panic and mayhem over getting the biggest and best gifts, giving and receiving. So my personal solution to combat the Grinch from entering our home is to make gifts. Simple. Thoughtful. Thus the reason for my absence from the blogging world. My apologies to those of you who are going through Bria withdrawal...I'll be back soon:)

4 comments:

marklar said...

hoorah for handmade christmas. that just made my day.

Roo said...

handmade gifts are the BEST. would love to see them. will you share them with us?

i'm making some too. i made some potholders with little bits and pieces of past patchwork blankets that i have made. :) and i want to make more. this whole creating thing is rather addicting, heh?

JuliaD said...

very cool idea, bri. but i'm still going through bri withdrawal. especially since i can't just drive out and drink all your coffee while i watch you sew. lol. but i can be patient. :P
P.S. Thanks for the hot chocolate with marshmallows. I could smell it all the way across the ocean...

Anonymous said...

Bria, I am thrilled that you love your sewing machine. You are very creative and it will only become more as time goes on. Love mom

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually