Friday, April 3, 2009

...

The laundry pile is reaching record heights, the floor is covered in half-eaten bits of toddler food, broken toys and random puzzle pieces, the children are getting a crazed look in their eyes from being cooped-up for so long, I seem to have perfected the art of snapping and barking orders and pleas, and to top it off...we're all sick. At the end of this week I find myself on the verge of losing it, or giving up, or breaking down. I need some energy. I need some rest. I need some sunshine. I need a breather. A breather. Breath...

Thankfully James and I are heading over to Rivendell House this weekend. Hopefully it will bring some rest, hopefully it will bring some insight. Hopefully.

I'm sure I would feel a million times better if it would just warm up and stop snowing! I was so excited and optimistic when I was able to see bits of grass here and there...now it's just a distant memory. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when the skies are grey, take some vitamin D, and it makes the day seem brighter (I think)

JuliaD said...

i'll send some your way...

xoxo

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually