Sunday, October 12, 2008

amazing grace.

Every year that my family gathers around the Thanksgiving table my mom asks us to say one thing that we are thankful for. My normal response is family, friends, the food before us, yadda, yadda, yadda. They are good answers and it comes from my heart, but this year I find myself going a bit further, digging a deeper to figure out what I am the most thankful for. At a time when I feel utterly flawed and as though I am constantly falling short I would have to say that I am most thankful for God's Grace. It seems that every year that goes by I realize more and more how horribly inept I am without it; as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and a friend. The only thing that carries me through is God's grace. It is by God's grace that I have made it this far and it is by God's grace that I have the wonderful family and blessed life that I do.
"My grace is enough; it's all you need."
2 Corinthians 12:7

1 comment:

marklar said...

is it just me, or does it seem like the older you get the more aware of your ineptness you are? maybe it's just me.

but hey, it does make grace that much better.

happy thanksgiving to you and the fam.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually