Tuesday, January 27, 2009

design bria.

So I know that my goal was to do one design post a week, but that was two months ago so it clearly didn't happen. What can I say? Life is busy with two toddlers. This won't be a horribly inspiring post, just a quickie. I've been meaning share a glorious website chalk full of design tid-bits passed down from the Good Lord himself...not joking (okay, I'm joking). I'm a tad hesitant to give it up, but that would be just silly of me. The site is called Apartment Therapy and I promise, if you find yourself looking through design magazines on a regular basis then this website will be at the top of your list in no time at all. There. I did it.

You wouldn't believe how much I love these vases, I actually squeaked when I came across them on the Urban Outfitters website. They are designed by Maxim Velcovsky and go for $240 each. While slightly out of my vase budget, I wouldn't mind splurging on these beauties. I can just picture them holding some brightly coloured flowers sitting whimsically by my front door. I feel so inspired when such ordinary things are turned into pieces of beautiful art, it makes me take a second look at my monotonous environment.
That's all for today. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could dip some rubber boots in cement and paint them white? diy? or just paint some rubber boots....

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually