Tuesday, July 14, 2009

i enjoy.


This afternoon, as I was brewing myself a cup of well deserved coffee, I started thinking about things that I enjoy. There are many special things that put a smile on my face so I decided to share a few...

*the smell of the peonies in my garden
*baking for people
*when my kids run around the sprinkler screaming
*when i've read a book and feel sad that it's over
*partaking in some wine drinking
*finding time during my day to be a little bit creative
*listening to Scott Nolan
*listening to Blue Grass
*buying my little girl a big ice cream cone, because that's when her smile is the biggest
*eating strawberries fresh from my garden
*having those moments when i realize that i AM actually good at something
*drinking coffee
*having a bon fire with my wonderful friend Jen, especially when it's accompanied by a big bowl of fresh fruit, a can of whipping cream, a bottle of wine, and two packages of Tim Tams (and talking looong into the night)
*seeing how creative other people can be
*taking 32 pictures of something and getting that 'gem' i was hoping for


what do you enjoy?

4 comments:

JuliaD said...

i enjoy:
-lime beer
-cola beer
-most beers
-shake'n bake chicken
-rediscovering a favourite song that i haven't heard in years
-watching an insanely awesome movie
-the office (US)
-friendly customers
-good coffee with good friends
-DQ ice cream cake
-a day with one of my siblings
-walking a dog...really anyone's dog will do
-you, bri

joyce said...

Big Rock cider
YOU- especially after reading your list. I love peonies- my fave flower.
ice cream with nuts.
organizing stuff.
finding really awesome people.
sleeping.
beans, salsa, sour cream.
people watching.
vintage fabric.

HOLIDAYS! (which I am currently experiencing. Hence the time to organize some of my stuff, people watch, spend time on the computer...)

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing in the past 4 years is spending as much time as I can (which is never enough) with my beautiful grandchildren. The next best thing is giving them a million kisses!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE
Playing with my nieces and nephews,
having a family night,
playing video games with my sister,
going to the movies with my Dad,
eating ice cream,
getting e-mails from someone I've haven't talked to in awhile, actaully, getting e-mails in general makes me happy,
getting free stuff.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually