Tuesday, July 28, 2009

time to myself.

Life has been a bit quiet these past couple of days! My wonderful mother-in-law whisked away my children on Sunday so I could get a much needed break from the bum changing and the question answering and let me tell you, it's been delightful. I'm looking forward to seeing them in a few hours because I never quite know what to do with myself when the kids are gone. Whenever I get a break for more than a minute (though few and far between) I always end up suffering from feelings of uselessness for part of the time. Am I the only mother afflicted by this? *Please let me know if you have similar feelings as it might help me deal better*

Anyways, James and I were able to go out for dinner, ice cream and a late movie which helped me to feel semi-normal again. Yesterday I was able to fully follow my own schedule and did whatever my little heart desired, which didn't include washing the dishes. Bliss. Today I went to the dentist and then to my hairdresser to get a much needed haircut. I feel new again. The cherry on top will come Friday evening when my mom is treating me to some time away from the kids, the husband, and the house. We are getting in her car and driving down to Grand Forks for the long weekend to do some shopping, eating, golfing and a bit more shopping. I'm so excited I can hardly bear it. (You know you need a break when Grand Forks and golfing is making you hyperventilate! Seriously.) Life has been so stressful and hectic these past few months that I'm looking forward to getting away (even if it is only a 3 hour drive) and just being me for a little while. I find that it's so easy to loose myself in the hub-bub of everyday life, especially when there are little people that need you non-stop. It will also be nice to have a conversation with my mom without being interrupted 109 times! Ha.
So here is my new hair and I just love it...

(and yes, it is a vanity shot but I'm sure you can deal with it. wink.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous darling!!!

Becky said...

Hey Bria! Yes, I can totally relate to not knowing what to do without my kids around:) It's like I dream about having free time, and then realize that I forget what I like to do. Or feel like I'm being lazy. But it sure is nice to have a break sometimes, hey? Hope you have a fabulous weekend away!

Becky said...

BTW, Nice hair!

JuliaD said...

ok. that is officially my fave haircut on you EVER.
i love you.
i miss you.
even tho it may have only been 4 days or so since i last saw you.
creeped out???
good.

Roo said...

love your hair.

i think time to yourself is the BEST gift anyone can ever give a mama.

it is my favorite thing ever.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually