Sunday, July 26, 2009

ammie screams for ice cream!

Yesterday my little girl turned 2! I still can't believe that I'm out of the baby years...for now. We decided to throw an Ice Cream Birthday for Amelia since it seems to be her favorite thing these days. I'm not exaggerating either, she'll jump up and down yelling "Oooooo" if I tell her she can have ice cream after dinner. She also tries to get back into the ice cream shop to get another cone every time we go to Sub Zero...the kid is obsessed. Anyways, it seemed to me that Ammie had a grand ol' time eating ice cream before dinner, opening gifts and seeing all of the people she loves to bits. Here are a few pictures from her big day.
Ice cream cone #1Me, enjoying some strawberry ice cream with strawberry coulis on top. Yum.
Ice cream cone #2
Ammie with her new best friend (not sure why, but Ammie is IN LOVE with cats!)
New heels.
Ammie is going to be moving into a big bed and getting her soother taken away soon, I can't wrap my mind around how fast these past two years have gone by! Some days it feels like someone broke into our house in the middle of the night and replaced my baby with an overgrown two year old. I might just have an emotional mommy moment when we take the crib apart.
Sigh.
On a stranger note, Amelia got a toy from her Grandma that can be used for pretty much whatever the kid wants (I'm thinking salad bowl) and Rhys has taken a liking to it...along with his uncle Garrett.





Monkey see
Monkey do.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME PARTY BRIA! Awesome pics too. I love the last pic.

Isn't it weird though, we can't wait to grow up, or for somebody to grow up. Like how a parent wants their child to start talking, or, when a teenager can't wait to be 18, and than we want those certain stages back when we're older?

JuliaD said...

what? did I just read "out of the baby years...FOR NOW". Hello? Is BRIA out there? Who hi-jacked her blog???

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually