Wednesday, September 30, 2009

goodbye september.


While I usually find myself excited for the arrival of October, eager for the crisp weather requiring cozy knits and Pumpkin Spice Lattes I instead find myself wondering where the heck September went? I seriously have no idea and I actually feel robbed of a whole month. Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way!??! Apparently the whole month snuck right past me while I was enjoying the lingering heat and adjusting my household to include one more. October is wonderful. October is fabulous. October is my favorite month out of the whole year...I'm just not ready for it! I usually spend September gearing up for October. October means digging through stacks of Rubbermaid bins to find all of the fall/winter clothing that I didn't get around to organizing into just one bin and instead dispersed it into anything that had room enough to spare. October means starting my Christmas gift making if I hope to have another handmade Christmas. October means cleaning up the yard that I was just getting used to spending time in. October means gearing up for a Halloween sugar-induced coma in November which requires one to stockpile toilet paper and canned goods so as not to sink too far into filthy slobishness (i think i just made up a word). October means beginning the heartache of seeing my tan fade to pasty white after spending so long trying to procure it. Sigh. And after all of this you're left wondering why I love October...and I do love October. I just usually spend September dealing with all of the frustration of seeing our warm weather slip away and by the end of the month I come to terms with the situation we find ourselves in in this northern climate and am ready for all of the loveliness of autumn to begin. But no, not this year. September got away on me and only this morning did I realize that tomorrow is October and that I have not done any preparation what-so-ever except in printing off a recipe for a homemade pumpkin spice latte which I suppose is all one really needs to do to prepare for fall. Ugh. Someone tell me they are in the same boat!

2 comments:

Roo said...

september was weird for me too. and i have just about completed the clothing switcheroo marathon. it took me 5 daysssssssssssss! FIVE DAYS! i am tired.

Anonymous said...

are you kidding? this is how i feel EVERY FALL. but mainly because it's back to school time. and while i do love school, on several different levels, the beginning is always really hard for me. i find the adjustment from summer to school to be more trying every year. so it's a dang good thing i only have to do it one more time...

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually