Wednesday, September 16, 2009

upcycle.

I finally have a sewing space of my own! Ya-hoo! I'm so excited to be able to keep all of my sewing/craft things in one corner of the house and not have to haul them out every time I want to be creative. It makes a huge difference, believe me. Anywho, today was the first time that I actually used Prunella in her new space. I had a shirt that I had bought from VV a loooong time ago and I finally got around to taking it in. I totally understand that most people will think this is the ugliest shirt on the planet, but that's probably why I like it. I think it's cute. It was actually a maternity shirt so I had to take it in a whopping 8 inches on each side and now it fits like a glove. Yay for re-purposing and yay for my new space! I have big plans for my sewing area so I'll have to keep you posted as it evolves.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that shirt. It looks great on you. If you get pregnant will you be able to wear it though?

Roo said...

LOVE THE SHIRT!and yah for sewing space...i recently did the same thing....carved a little corner in our basement and i am loving it sooooo (sew) much.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually