Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ZIP-A-DEE-DO-DA!


frustrated. tired. grumpy. i drag myself to the washroom. finally i have a moment. i undress, pull the curtain back and step in. shower time. shampoo*condition. i open up the new body wash...i feel a tingling in my toes. i put some into my hand...the tingling moves up my body. i lather up...i'm engulfed. The smell is so, so, so, INVIGORATING! I am immediately transported to the most beautiful beach I've ever seen! The sky, the water, the sand...it's all so real! I run to the water and start splashing around vigorously. yay! Yay! YAY! I feel myself singing, "Zip-a-dee-do-da Zip-a-dee-day." Laughter starts billowing out from the depths of me. Ha! Haha! HAHAHA! I feel a cleansing. I feel a renewal. I feel a rebirth. I'M HAPPY! I'M ENERGETIC! MY MIND IS CLEAR! The smell...mmmmm...that smell, that smell! I have to find it's source! POMEGRANATES....MANGO's! I need them! I run up the beach looking for the fruit I've become so hungry for. Not here...HAHA...not there...HAHA. Searching (and laughing) I run back into the water and dive down...down...down. I feel my hair twisting and turning, I feel my feet kicking, I feel myself...breathing? My eyes open to a glorious kingdom beneath the sea. I'M A MERMAID! IT'S A WHOLE NEW WORLD! A MAGIC PLACE I NEVER KNEW! (oh, wait...that's from Aladdin) Exhilarated I begin to flip, tumble, twirl. Rushing through the water at mock speed I continue my search for the fruit. I must have it...it's mine! It's my precious! (oh, wait...that's from LOTR) I can taste it now just behind that.................................................I pull the shower curtain back. WHOA! What the heck just happened? And why am I so happy? "I'M SO HAPPY!!!!", I yell at the top of my lungs. I feel like I can take on anything, like I can take on the world! I run upstairs and get dressed. I run back downstairs and clean the whole house in 5 minutes. 10 minutes after that I've finished every craft I've ever started. 20 minutes after that I have the roast in the oven and an apple pie made. I LOVE MY LIFE! I JUST LOVE IT!

************************

If you would like a similar experience I would highly recommend the Softsoap Body Wash in Pomegranate & Mango with Moisture Beads. It totally lives up to it's claims of leaving me feeling, 'energized and ready to take on the world.'

1 comment:

JuliaD said...

i have no words. none.

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually