Thursday, September 18, 2008

feeling weird.

I've been in a weird mood today. We got some odd family news yesterday and I suppose I am still processing the whole ordeal. When I am at a loss of words I need to tap into some other creative faucet; I have to let something out, even if it has nothing to do with anything. This is better than my other coping mechanism, which is walking to 7-11 and buying candy:) Today I sat down with a pencil and a blank page to let out some sort of emotional angst. I thought that a poem would follow but I ended up drawing...always a welcomed change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bria!! I really like the perspective of the pic, it's interesting, and it feels cool looking at it because it's just the one branch and you'd think there would be more branches about, but there is not, and that makes it look really cool,...and airy. Well thanks for you comments on my blog, and i hope to read more of yours.

Kyla

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually