Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SUCCESS!

I am in shock! I was able to turn this:
Into this:
A BABY BOOT! Can you believe it!? I was able to knit something! Now, this is a very very simple pattern that I followed; you knit a square and then a little square and then sew them together (in an odd and seemingly nonsensical way...but it did turn into a rather adorable boot). The pattern in the book didn't have pom-poms on the end of the string. Actually, the pattern didn't have a string at all, it just had a tie-thing that looked like it wouldn't ever stay on a kicking baby foot.
Anyway, I'm very very proud of my knitting accomplishment. The doors of the knitting world have been flung open and I am excited to rush right in! Both my sister and sister-in-law are due in the next few months and I can't wait to whip up a whole pile of these cozy toe-warmers. Heck, I may even venture out even further and try making a baby toque! There's no stopping me now! I AM OFFICIALLY A KNITTER!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! my mom used to make my sister and i crochet dish cloths on long road trips. i would forget the pattern EVERY time. and every time i would swear i would not be induced into crocheting another dishcloth:)

JuliaD said...

that is so awesome. i can't believe how cute it is!!! too bad things like that don't look good in an adult size 10. lol.
p.s. thanks for the dala videos. i've been listening to tons of dala and matthew good to get keep to my canadian roots. :) sigh. that was such a good night...

JuliaD said...

please ignore that random "get" in the above comment...

Roo said...

BOOTY-full! (sorry.) ;)

love it. it has always been my dream to become a knitter. and you are giving me hope again.
xo

one great quote...

"whenever i get gloomy with the state of the world, i think of the arrivals gate at heathrow airport. general opinion makes out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, i don't see that. seems to me that love is everywhere. often it's not articularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there. fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. when the planes hit the twin towers, i have reason to believe that none of the calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge, they were all messages of love. if you look for it, i've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." -Love Actually